Monday, February 23, 2015

Today, I got paid to be a tightwad.


I take the bus. Beyond all of the benefits to the environment, the roads and my sanity, it's cheep. Parking near downtown is around $11 a day. The bus is $6, round trip. So, not counting, gas, servicing and wear and tear on the car, I save a minimum of $5 every day I take the bus. Suck it, General Motors.

Here's a bonus. I showed up today for the bus and was handed a $20 portable phone battery charger along with a right pleasant "thanks for riding the bus" from the folks at the bus company. Suck it sideways, GM!

Savings so far = $2000

Today's saving = $5



PLUS a bonus $20 that I didn't have to spend somewhere else.

Spend today = -$20


Total savings so far = $2005

Total spend so far = $
83.60

No comments:

Post a Comment