Tuesday, February 24, 2015

AM Gold, no shit.



While I understand "that trying to purchase all of these songs individually would cost me thousands of dollars", I can't justify the 100+ bones it would cost me (at best) to acquire the cheeper alternative complied here by the benevolent hucksters at TIME/LIFE. And guess what, I don't have to. My pal, Peter hipped me to the fact that WDGY 740 is still on the air and still playing all these hits (and more, motherfucker!) in the humble magnificence of A.M. including capable local advertisements for home heating and cooling companies and local hamburger joints, from sun up to sun down. 

"What about after sundown," says the little justifier in my noggin. 

Well, in the evenings, when the conditions are right, I can get a comparable station from Toronto on, would you have guessed, 740 AM. And, this station not only plays the American hits of the 60's and 70's, but also tosses in the Canadian AM stars as well as the crooners of the 50's. All hail the singing barber, Mr. Perry Como!.


Savings so far = $2005

Today's saving = $100+



Total savings so far = $2105

Total spend so far = $83.60

No comments:

Post a Comment